POWELL COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
1109 MAIN STREET, DEER LODGE, MT 59722 | (406) 846-2094
Serving the businesses and people of the City of Deer Lodge and Powell County, Montana
What is the Powell County Chamber of Commerce?
• A non-profit organization set up for the purpose of advancing the commercial, industrial, agricultural and civic interests of the City of Deer Lodge and Powell County.
• Membership dues help finance the operation of the Chamber.
• Membership is comprised of business persons (active and retired), educators and involved individual citizens.
• The Chamber Board consists of nine members, elected by the membership,
• Meetings held the first Friday of every month. If any member wishes to attend, they are advised to call the Chamber office to find out location and time of next meeting. If members or others wish to be on the agenda, they must make their request at least one week prior to the Board of Directors meeting.
The Chamber Office at 1109 Main Street, Deer Lodge maintains a public information center for the use of local and visiting members of the public. This information center contains written information about the multitude of activities, programs and events taking place locally, in Montana and surrounding states, and the bordering provinces of Canada.
Through this center, the Chamber provides information about the area in response to inquiries by telephone, fax, email, letter or personal visits. Information packs are mailed out to anyone who inquires about visiting or relocating to the area.
The Chamber also receives requests for information about family and business history, and if the request cannot be answered directly, it is referred to the relevant authority.
The Chamber maintains a website with information about local events, activities, services and other information relevant to the area.
Members have their business details listed on the Chamber website, with links to their own websites if available.
Each year the Chamber organizes several events in Deer Lodge, including the Territorial Day Show N Shine and Jaywalkers Jamboree, Demolition Derby (during the Tri-County Fair), Chamber Banquet, and the Christmas Parade and Stroll. The Chamber also supports the Tri-County Fair and Rodeo, Montana Academy of Living History, Christmas Street Decorations, Pumpkin Sunday at Grant-Kohrs Ranch, Big Sky Draft Horse Expo and promotes many other activities and projects through cooperative advertising, flyer display, newspaper articles, radio and TV advertising.
What products and services does the Chamber provide?
For less than $5.00 per month (less for individuals):
• A plaque to display at your place of business showing your support of the Chamber.
• Twelve months of advice, help and support.
• A listing and link on our website (with over 500,000 visits annually, we rank in the top 3 with Google for ‘Powell County Montana’ and ‘Deer Lodge Montana’)
• A listing in our ‘Deer Lodge-Unburied Treasures’ brochure (100’s of copies are mailed to prospective visitors and relocators annually).
• Advertising opportunities in Chamber publications and events.
• Annual Chambers Banquet.
• Referrals from the Chamber office. We receive 1000’s of calls, emails and personal inquiries and over 500,000 website visits each year.
• We bring thousands of visitors into the area during local events organized by the Chamber, including Territorial Day, Demolition Derby and the Christmas Stroll & Parade, and we are the main sponsor for Pumpkin Sunday at the Grant-Kohrs Ranch.
•• Support for the communities in Galen, Garrison, Elliston, Avon, Gold Creek, Helmville and Ovando.
To become a member of the Powell County Chamber of Commerce, please download and complete the CHAMBER APPLICATION FORM (pdf reader required)